Reading My Story...

Opinions and views respond to the story do not give any warranty on accuracy, completeness, usefulness, fitness for any particular purpose or other assurances as to the opinions and views expressed in this blog. This blog disclaims all responsibility for any losses suffered directly or indirectly arising from reliance on such opinions and views.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Butt of gossip and ridicule

I ALWAYS go for movies. But some people in the cinemas say unkind and silly things about me, so loudly that I can hear. Or they laugh and stare at me. It’s different people each time. They refuse to stop even when I ignore them.
In the city, people play practical jokes on me, like coming up to me to break wind or burp. Isn’t that disgusting? I have heard people chanting “Toilet, toilet” as I walked past them.
At one pharmacy, someone even commented on my clothes! And I wasn’t wearing anything revealing.
In the bus and LRT, and at banks, restaurants and shopping complexes, people talk about me, too. Often, I can hear them. Some even look into my garbage bag to see what I throw out. When I opened the front door of my house for some air, I could hear someone calling me a prostitute! It’s totally baseless, yet others love to listen to them!
Tell these gossipmongers off? Ask them to think how they would feel if people talked bad about them? I don’t even know them, so why should they judge me or bad-mouth me, or influence others to shun me? I’m just an ordinary person, so why can’t they stop disturbing me?
I have a happy life, so don’t try to take that away from me. If these people are unhappy, they shouldn’t disturb other people’s wonderful life. I have been patient. But if I hear more nonsense from gossipmongers I will expose and embarrass them. So they should stop, now.
My-Life-is-NOT-for- Discussion


YOU are right; gossipmongers are the worst. However, you should not be so wrapped up in the feeling that almost everyone seems to be talking about you.
If you are happy and have a wonderful life, there is no reason for you to feel so enraged against gossipmongers. Even if they are talking about you, they can’t hurt you if you are confident and oblivious to unfounded talk and remarks. Such people are not worth your anger and conscious effort to ignore them.
Perhaps it will help to talk to someone close about your feelings. It’s not real if you believe that so many people around you seem to be gossiping and talking about you, calling you names and making rude comments. Frankly, most of them are too busy trying to make a living to talk and rant about strangers. It’s a state of mind that you seem trapped in and it’s important that you get out of this paranoia.
You need to express your feelings to someone who understands. If you need to calm your nerves, talk to a medical consultant. You don’t want to wake up every morning feeling that people are staring, gossiping and doing horrid things to upset you. Why allow this to spoil every day of your life?
Do not allow such negative feelings to take over your life. Concentrate on loved ones, family and things you enjoy. Go for your movies, shopping and routines but learn to disregard people who annoy you. They are not important to you so forget about them.