Reading My Story...

Opinions and views respond to the story do not give any warranty on accuracy, completeness, usefulness, fitness for any particular purpose or other assurances as to the opinions and views expressed in this blog. This blog disclaims all responsibility for any losses suffered directly or indirectly arising from reliance on such opinions and views.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

First foolish fling

I AM 18 and I come from a very religious and morally upright family. I have a loving girlfriend and the opportunity to pursue my dream occupation. But I fear I’m going to lose all these because of a sinful act.
I had unprotected sex with a prostitute. It was my first time and it lasted for not more than one minute. I felt really guilty after that. I paid up and left quickly.
The damage is done. I cannot concentrate on what I’m doing. Morally, I feel very down. I have an exam coming up very soon. I am scared of contracting a sexually-transmitted disease.
The incident happened recently. I don’t wish to tell my friends and especially my family (including my girlfriend). Neither do I wish to repeat the same mistake. What should I do? Do I need to take any precautions? Should I have a medical check-up? Can I ever redeem my self?
Foolish & Lost


FORGIVE yourself for your first foolish act. You are not the only young man who cannot control his lust and passion when raging hormones overpower good sense and sensibility.
Go for a medical check-up to ensure that you have not contracted any sexually-transmitted diseases. After this incident, it is very unlikely that you will have unprotected sex again. Learn to think before you act. AIDS kills and this is warning enough.
Don’t pressure yourself and mull over the past. Get a grip on your reaction and do not feel that you have committed the worst of sins in breaching your family’s high moral code. Knowing your mistake and wanting to redeem yourself are enough reasons for forgiveness and understanding, even should the truth be known.