Reading My Story...

Opinions and views respond to the story do not give any warranty on accuracy, completeness, usefulness, fitness for any particular purpose or other assurances as to the opinions and views expressed in this blog. This blog disclaims all responsibility for any losses suffered directly or indirectly arising from reliance on such opinions and views.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Don’t rush love

I AM a simple girl, aged 18. I’ve known my discipline teacher, G, for five years. Everyone says he’s a playboy and many girls in my school are crazy about him.
In one year, he taught my class. Initially, I hated him because he always found fault with me. Then, all of a sudden, I found myself falling in love with him. I wanted to meet him more often, so I used study problems as an excuse. Sometimes we conversed, but that was it. I still have feelings for him.
Recently, my uncle, H, came to stay with my family for the holidays. Suddenly, I noticed that H was extremely handsome. I like him very much as he is very different from my hot-headed father. The more I got to know H, the more I liked him.
Every time I see G, my heart beats so fast that I think the world can hear it. The same with H. G is 31 years old and H, 49.
I will not go for G because he’s from another community. I can’t go for H because he’s my uncle and married, too. They will always be a part of me, even though it might only be infatuation. I keep thinking about them.
Confused

SURE, it’s only infatuation. You will forget them soon enough when you have a boyfriend of your own. Right now, you are very aware of the opposite sex and feel intensely attracted to guys around you. The good thing is you seem clear-headed and know that G and H are not right for you. Be careful that you do not lose your heart to the wrong fellow. At 18, you’re emotionally charged and physically vulnerable. Almost every man you meet seems exciting and attractive. You feel lost and confused, your mind constantly jumbled with memories and images of guys whom you hardly know. Should one of them show interest in you, you could all too easily get into a relationship.
It’s great to fall in love, but you’re not ready for a serious relationship now. Mix around, know a few fellows and understand your own heart and mind. You can think about them and keep the sweetest memories. But know that quickened heartbeats and emotional chaos do not spell love.