Reading My Story...

Opinions and views respond to the story do not give any warranty on accuracy, completeness, usefulness, fitness for any particular purpose or other assurances as to the opinions and views expressed in this blog. This blog disclaims all responsibility for any losses suffered directly or indirectly arising from reliance on such opinions and views.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Unlikely godfather

I’M 23 and I work in a club, where I always treat one customer like a “godfather”. He has been going to the club long before I was employed and treats me like his own daughter.
Recently, I’ve begun to have feelings for him. But he’s married and doesn’t know how I feel. When I told all this to my colleague, she was shocked. She told me not to confess because he is a nice man and has a happy family.
I feel sad because he was there for me when I had problems with the club. I have had dreams in which I kissed him. I’ve tried to let go of this forbidden love but it hurts whenever I think about him.
He has promised me to take me for a holiday next month and I’m worried that I’ll confess my feelings for him when we’re alone. I don’t want him to betray his wife and kids.
Going-to-be-Wu-Lei-Jing

IT sounds like your godfather is not exactly fatherly. Taking you on a trip smacks of some ulterior motive and it’s unlikely that he will spend his money for nothing more than a day with you. Unless he is incapable of sex, my bet is that he will make a move.
Sorry to be so sceptical about this man’s intentions, but godfathers who visit nightclubs and take young women on trips are rare innocents. You are sweet and trusting because he seems kind and understanding. To be fair, he probably hasn’t proven himself to be a wolf that’s ready to bite! But be warned that you may be in for disillusion and disappointment.
Right now, you are attracted to this kindly older man. It could be that you haven’t met anyone who has shown you such care, concern and respect. He’s nice and listens to your problems. When you’re sad, he helps dry your tears. Your heart is moved by his protective nature and you feel safe and secure with him.
Perhaps he already senses your interest in him. A woman sends out the strongest signals when her heart is moved. And how many men can resist a young, attractive and desirable woman who dreams and fantasises about him?
But don’t kid yourself. It’s unlikely that he will give up his family for you. If you want him, you will be able to find all the right excuses to be with him. While you truly believe that you do not want to destroy his marriage and cause pain and grief to his family, your heart will tempt you to be selfish and demanding. You will hate his time away from you, resent his love for his wife and children. It’s hard to be magnanimous when you have to share your man.
Think carefully before you go on this trip. It’s not the confession but the intentions that you both harbour. If you fall in love, you may be in for a long heartbreak. Remember, he’s married and not available.