Reading My Story...

Opinions and views respond to the story do not give any warranty on accuracy, completeness, usefulness, fitness for any particular purpose or other assurances as to the opinions and views expressed in this blog. This blog disclaims all responsibility for any losses suffered directly or indirectly arising from reliance on such opinions and views.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Fallen angel

I GOT to know her via the Net. I had had two bitter relationships before but decided to go steady with her when she said she loved me. I took her to meet my parents and relatives.
My family liked her and I used to drive her around and buy things for her whenever she was sick or busy. When she needed a quiet place to study for her college exams, I suggested that she move to a hostel.
I invited her to celebrate her birth-day in my house. I bought presents and cooked all the dishes she liked. Instead, she went to Kuala Lumpur with her college mates and ended up sleeping with a guy she’d met for the first time.
She phoned me after coming back and said she wanted to break up. I refused and took her to my aunt’s place, where she vowed never to leave me. Soon after that, she left for KL again, for a “family function”.
Since then, she has been avoiding me. When my mum went to her house to see her, she called the police. She has also changed her cell phone.
I think her sister, who is in a train- ing college in KL, is to blame. She wants me dead because I know a lot of the things she does there.
It’s been nine months but I still love my gal. I have spent almost RM30,000 on her and am facing financial difficulties as I’m now jobless. I’ve always been very truthful and trusting. Now I’m mentally disturbed and stressed because of all this. I’ve tried to commit suicide three times.
Please Help

YOUR love is so intense that it seems to overwhelm good sense and reason. You can forgive your girlfriend for sleeping with another man and lying to you time and again. You prefer to hold her sister responsible, rather than taint her perfect image.
Perhaps you need psychiatric counselling to ease your hurt and help you understand that killing yourself will not solve your problems. You are mentally stressed and emotionally disturbed because you never expected that love could end so painfully.
You feel all the worse because you have given all your love and money, and sacrificed a good job for a gal who took everything, and used and betrayed you. You have discovered lies and deception, and got a slap in the face when she reported harassment to the police.
It’s all right to love her so dearly and deeply. It’s fine if you still wish to put her on a pedestal. But you must not fool yourself that she is the right woman to share your life.
See the truth so that you can be free to live and love again. She has many faults and has treated you and your family badly. Know her as the fallen angel, not someone beyond reproach.
Gather your strength and courage to get out of the pit you have fallen into. She is not worth giving up your life for. Forget your loss, emotional or monetary. It was a lesson learnt, an unfortunate experience that you need to accept. Then get on with living for yourself again.