Reading My Story...

Opinions and views respond to the story do not give any warranty on accuracy, completeness, usefulness, fitness for any particular purpose or other assurances as to the opinions and views expressed in this blog. This blog disclaims all responsibility for any losses suffered directly or indirectly arising from reliance on such opinions and views.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lack of love and funds

FOUR years ago, I fell in love with S. I didn’t tell my family because I knew they wouldn’t accept a girl-girl relationship. I feel guilty about this. S’s family doesn’t know either.
We spend hours communicating via the Net and cell phone. Sometimes we meet after school. I feel very self-conscious whenever I’m with her.
I’ve seen S with another girl, T. Whenever I see them, I feel jealous and angry. It is obvious that T likes S. I want to tell S how I feel, but I don’t dare to because she has her own friends.
I should trust S and have confidence in her because she always tells me how much she loves me. I know she means it. Besides, I have other problems.
My father is working in another country but he doesn’t send us any money. Before he left, we even had to pay for his insurance and visa. My mother works, but doesn’t earn much.
My mother, brother and I live with my uncle and aunt. All the household bills and expenses are borne by my mother. She cannot manage sometimes, but doesn’t tell anyone.
My brother is still studying and needs money. I keep asking him to get a part-time job, but he doesn’t want to. I want to work part-time, but my mother won’t allow it – she says the outside world is very dangerous. How can I help solve our financial problems?
Double

YOU share a sweet, innocent love with S but it may not be your sexual inclination. You hate T because you are probably afraid of losing S. With all your family problems, you need a good friend to bring some joy to your life.
Do not be embroiled in jealousy and hatred. Harbouring such anger and rage is destructive. Be more relaxed about your friendship with S so that you need not feel nervous and guilty about having chats and spending time together. Get to know T so that you could share the friendship, instead of feeling left out and unwanted.
You should also not over-burden yourself with the problems at home. Unless you know the truth about your father’s situation, you should not be accusing him of being irresponsible. Perhaps he has problems that only your mother knows about. Right now, your mother probably manages to cope with the family’s finances. Let the adults deal with the issues, if any.
Accept your mother’s decision if she does not want you or your brother to work part-time. Concentrate on your studies, help with household chores to lighten her work load and responsibilities. Support her and cheer her up when she feels lonely. It’s tough being a single parent.
Don’t complicate your life with conjecture and too many worries. Take charge of your goals and focus on things you can do. Succeed in your studies and career and make your mother proud. This would be your best gift to her. Give yourself time to establish love and relationships. Know yourself better and you will find the right love in life.